March 27, 5:00 p.m.
As you heard last week Ontario has declared a State of Emergency. A week ago Monday evening your Board of Trustees met via a video conference call with the following decisions:
- All activities at the church are suspended, including all our community rentals, until at least March 31. The church office itself is closed; John Tapscott and Kelly are working from home; Kelly has remote access to her office PC to continue her activities.
- We will provide a brief weekly message with comments from John, and a bible reading every weekend via the website or email. Click here for the March 27 message.
- We also are continuing our Virtual Coffee Hour at 11:00 a.m. Sundays.
- Pastoral Care is making arrangements to keep in contact with those who are in need of it – seniors in Seniors Homes, etc. via phone calls and, if feasible, visits.
- We continue to have expenses, such as utilities and salaries. If you are not on PAR, offering can be provided as follows:
- Direct deposit to church bank account (if you have Internet banking). Go to E-transfer on your bank website and send a transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will know automatically who sent funds such that your donation can be entered into our church donation records. Click here for guidance.
- Canada Helps at https://www.canadahelps.org/en/dn/13238. Canada Helps issues the appropriate receipts; they are not recorded in the church records.
- Mailing in a cheque (or post dated cheques) to Streetsville United Church at 274 Queen St. South, Mississauga, ON L5M 1L8
- Even small donations, say, $10-$25, all help.
- Our thanks to those who have made contributions by these methods.
- In view of last week’s declaration by the province, Please Stay Home. Wash your hands and, if at a grocery store or pharmacy, keep a “safe distance”.
- Remember that having family or friends for dinner is NOT keeping a safe distance.
- Having friends over for coffee is NOT social distancing:
Follow this page for any updates.
The Region of Peel updates the situation twice daily at https://www.peelregion.ca/coronavirus/
Chair, Board of Trustees