Saturday April 25 2 noon.
As you heard a few weeks ago Ontario has declared a State of Emergency. On the evening of March 16 your Board of Trustees met via a video conference call with the following decisions:
- All activities at the church are suspended, including all our community rentals. Based on the recent extension of the Emergency Measures Act we will remain closed until at least May 12; however, the city’s suspension until July 3 may soon apply. The church office itself is closed; John Tapscott and Kelly are working from home; Kelly has remote access to her office PC to continue her activities.
- We will provide a brief weekly message with comments from John, a bible reading and some music played by John Shillingberg every weekend via the website or email.
- Click here for the Sunday May 24 Message.
- Video Sound – the team believes the technical sound difficulties have been resolved. Please let us know if you find the volume of any part of the service too low. Please note that there are volume controls within YouTube as well as your computer volume. At the bottom left of the video, check the sound symbol . You can adjust the volume by moving the slider to the right. If your symbol looks like this: the sound is off for Youtube
- We also are continuing our Virtual Coffee Hour at 11:00 a.m. Sundays.
- We will also continue the Virtual Cafe at 11:00 a.m. Wednesdays.
- Pastoral Care is making arrangements to keep in contact with those who are in need of it – seniors in Seniors Homes, etc. via phone calls and, if feasible, visits.
- We are arranging for volunteers to do shopping for senior members over 70. Phone and leave a voice message or email email@example.com. We check messages twice daily.
- We continue to have expenses, such as utilities and salaries. If you are not on PAR, offering can be provided as follows:
- Direct deposit to church bank account (if you have Internet banking). Go to E-transfer on your bank website and send a transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will know automatically who sent funds such that your donation can be entered into our church donation records. Click here for guidance.
- Canada Helps at https://www.canadahelps.org/en/dn/13238. Canada Helps issues the appropriate receipts; they are not recorded in the church records.
- Mailing in a cheque (or post dated cheques) to Streetsville United Church at 274 Queen St. South, Mississauga, ON L5M 1L8
- Even small donations, say, $10-$25, all help.
- Our thanks to those who have made contributions by these methods.
- We are tracking the various government support programs, especially those with a provision to offer a wage subsidy.
- In view of last week’s declaration by the province, Please Stay Home. Wash your hands and, if at a grocery store or pharmacy, keep a “safe distance”, shop alone once a week at grocery stores and pharmacies.
- Remember that having family or friends for dinner is NOT keeping a safe distance.
- Having friends over for coffee is NOT social distancing:
Follow this page for any updates.
The Region of Peel updates the situation twice daily at https://www.peelregion.ca/coronavirus/
Chair, Board of Trustees