We believe in God the Father, Creator and Sovereign of everything; God the Son, sent to us as Jesus of Nazareth; and God the Spirit, the one who gives us forgiveness, new life and grace. We nurture and spread this belief through public worship and various outreach initiatives.
We care for those within the fellowship through pastoral visiting, the neighbouring program, the weekly coffee hour, various social events, the varied activities of the United Church Women and the work of the Church Council through its various committees. While our dedicated staff serves many core functions, congregational members also play a large role in achieving our goals of fellowship and service.
A Spiritual Oasis
We are a spiritual oasis for many different kinds of people with a common need for Christian faith, hope and love. We welcome those exploring Christianity. Our congregation comes from a variety of personal backgrounds and life experiences. Here many receive the saving touch of Jesus Christ, which expresses itself in faith, fellowship and service.
The Streetsville United Church congregation is made up of individuals of various ages and walks of life. Each comes with their own story of why they attend church and specifically, why they attend Streetsville United. Read more about what brings people to worship and become involved in the life of Streetsville United.
Our Ministry Leadership
Minister: Rev. Jessica McCrae, B.A., M.Div.
Music Director and Organist: Vacant
For nearly two hundred years, we have been ministering to the spiritual needs of our Streetsville and Meadowvale communities. Established as the Methodist Church for Streetsville in 1820 and joining the United Church in the union of 1925, Streetsville United Church has grown with the Streetsville community to remain a vital contributor to the spiritual renewal of its membership.
The present sanctuary was dedicated in 1876 with additions coming in 1951 (offices) and 1964 (Christian Education wing to which an elevator was added in 1984).
- Major renovations occurred in the 1992-1994 period to repair several problems,
- in the spring of 2003 a new ‘digital pipe’ organ was installed in the sanctuary.
- In the summer of 2009 we installed a 35-year shingle roof over the sanctuary,
- in memoria donations have provided us with the seed funds for:
- replacement of all the windows throughout the church and CE wing with double pane, insulating windows that have reduced our energy footprint significantly.
- installation of insulated sliding doors at the Queen Street entrance and lower hall entrance
- renovation of the parking lot in 2015 to higher drainage and surface standards
- replacement of the flat roof covering over the Christian Education wing and narthex during the summer of 2019
Early summer 2008 we undertook a landscaping project to improve our appearance in the Streetsville community. The YouTube video below shows some “before” and “after” pictures:
Under the leadership of our minister, Reverend John Tapscott, Streetsville United Church holds weekly worship at 10 a.m. Sundays. A wide range of programs which provides opportunities to expand our reach and build on our mission includes: Sunday School, a Youth Ministry, women’s activities including UCW groups, and various groups associated with the Scouting movement.
Our church is a member of the United Church of Canada.
Web sites affiliated with Streetsville United Church include:
Should you wish more information about services, membership or events, contact our minister, Rev. Jessica McCrae, via email or at (905) 826-1542 or the church office using our contact form below.